How to Filter Data at the Query Designer Level
In Bold Reports, query filtering allows you to restrict the amount of data retrieved from a database. To do this, you need to use the Query Filter Dialog. This dialog allows you to specify the conditions that data must meet in order to be included in the report. This guide will walk you through the steps for filtering data in the query filter dialog.
Filtering Data at the Query Level
To filter data at the query level, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the filter icon to open the query filter dialog.
- To add a filter, click on the ADD icon in the query filter dialog.
- Select the table field and the operation type from the dropdown list, respectively. Enter the values in the value fields. Refer to the screenshot below for clarification.
- The Include as Parameter checkbox allows you to include the condition set in the query filter as a parameter. While previewing the report, you can enter a value in the parameter. The value will then be used to filter the data in the query.
The parameter will be added while previewing the report.
- The AND and OR operators can be used to add multiple filters.
- In Bold Reports, you can also have the option to filter data using the code mode functionality. This allows you to define the filtering logic according to your report requirements.
- After adding the filters, click the OK button, and then the Finish button.
You can download a sample report from here.